Hello! My name is Rachel Beaty and I am an aspiring Elementary School teacher. As of now I attend the University of South Alabama. I plan to graduate in 2010. I think that technology in the classroom is a very good thing to introduce to students. A few teaching tools I would like to tryout in the class room are google tools, itunes and ipods, podcasts, and blogs as teaching tools. I believe that students nowadays will need to know as much about technology as they can. I plan to help them succeed in the world by teaching them these things.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogs as Teaching Tools

Blogs in the classroom are becoming more and more frequent. I believe that having blogs in the classroom is really handy. The students can give their opinions on subjects in class, do homework at home without bringing all of the books, explore the uses of the internet, and much more. Blogging is a good tool for the students, but its uses do not stop there. Parents can also get good use out of blogging in the classroom. They can actually see what their child is doing in class and how they are participating. Parents can become more involved in their child's academic life. Teachers can also comment on the children's work and let them know how they are doing in the class. The students can also interact with each other on the blogs by commenting on posts. Blogging in the classroom is a really good way to keep the classroom communication at a maximum. The children really enjoy speaking their mind and feeling like they have a voice in the class, especially shy children who would not comment in class.

No comments: