Hello! My name is Rachel Beaty and I am an aspiring Elementary School teacher. As of now I attend the University of South Alabama. I plan to graduate in 2010. I think that technology in the classroom is a very good thing to introduce to students. A few teaching tools I would like to tryout in the class room are google tools, itunes and ipods, podcasts, and blogs as teaching tools. I believe that students nowadays will need to know as much about technology as they can. I plan to help them succeed in the world by teaching them these things.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Podcasts

Podcasts in the classroom is an awesome idea. We did a podcast in our classroom and it was a lot of fun and interesting. I think that kids would really get a kick out of these things and enjoy doing them as they learn. We were split up into groups of three and four. From there we researched different aspects of our topic. While the kids research their topic they will learn valuable information. Then the kids would have to broadcast their podcast. This would give them a way to speak their mind and tell the class what they know about their topic.

Kids would also like podcasts in the classroom because they can show off what they have done. They can tell their friends and family to listen to them as they talk to about what they have learned. Podcasts in the classroom can also be used by the teacher. He/she can research different podcasts that relate to the subject at hand that they are teaching. They can have the kids listen to the podcasts and get them involved in their learning.

Podcasts are becoming more and more popular in today's classroom society. I really enjoy listening to the ones we have to listen to for class. You get an insight on other people's views and opinions.

No comments: